The Model 7V is the latest oil skimmer to join the Oil Skimmers, Inc. family of Brill® tube-type oil removal systems. It the first in the family, however, to feature a 1" outside diameter collector tube, which provides 33% more surface area than the 3/4" tube available on the Model 5H and Model 6V systems.
The Model 7V features a Variable Speed Drive (VFD) to control the speed of the skimmer.
- High volume of oil to be skimmed
- Volume of oil to be removed varies
- Viscosity of surface oil varies (fast for thin, slower for thick)
- Instances of sudden increase in oil volume (i.e. spills)
The Model 7V comes standard with a Teflon coated skimmer housing, drive wheel, pulley wheel, and scraper brackets. Teflon coating provides the following characteristics that make the Model 7V the super-duty oil skimmer for any application.
- Non-stick surface
- Resistant to chemical reactions
- Oleophobic and Hydrophobic surface
- Corrosion resistant
- Resistant to extreme temperatures
- Resistant to stress cracking